“There is no safety level for children for microwave radiation. Not one” Barry Trower, Microwave Weapons Expert UK
Today’s children are exposed to more electromagnetic and microwave radiation over their lifetime than ever before, and this exposure is increasing at an alarming rate from mobile phone masts, smart phones, wifi, wireless broadband, bluetooth, cordless phones, smart meters and smart devices in our homes, schools, surroundings.
Children are more at risk
Children are more vulnerable to the damaging health effects from wireless microwave and electromagnetic radiation than adults. “Compared with adults, research on children shows that microwave radiation is absorbed twice as much into their brain, up to triple in their brain’s hippocampus and hypothalamus and up to ten times as much into the bone marrow of skull.” Environmental Health Trust
Professor Tom Butler, University College Cork
November 2019 – A Critical Review of Digital Technology in Education that should give Policy Makers and Educators Pause for Thought Digital-Technology-in-Education-Working-Paper-2019.pdf
February 2019 – Paper on the Clear Evidence of the Risks to Children from Smartphone and WiFi Radio Frequency Radiation https://www.gr3c.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03
April 2019 – Why everyday wireless technology poses a health risk to children – RTE.ie/Brainstorm
This picture shows the effects of a mobile phone on the brain by age.
Children have softer, smaller bones and skulls, they absorb higher levels of damaging radiation from wifi, smartphones, cordless phones, mobile phone masts, smart meters etc. Radiation from these devices can cause weakening and leakage of the blood-brain barrier – this being the brain’s first line of defence against infections and toxic chemicals.
Studies link EMF exposure in children to emotional and behavourial problems, autism, ADHD, insomnia, depression, epilepsy, diabetes, brain tumours and childhood cancers.
What we suggest:
- Replace wireless devices (wifi, cordless phones, baby monitors) with safer, and more reliable wired options – ethernet cables. Hardwiring is not only better for yours and your children’s health, but faster, and safer in terms of internet security. Be sure to disable wifi on both the router and the computer.
- If you must use Wifi, then turn keep router away from children, turn it off when night in use and especially at night time.
- Limit children’s use of mobile phones, wireless devices, or cordless phones, except in an emergency.
- Remember that some games consoles and tablets also operate wirelessly. Turn smart phones and tablets to airplane mode when playing games on them – this will reduce most of the wireless radiation, but not magnetic fields, so limited use is advisable.
- Keep smart phones, wireless and electrical devices (electric blankets, plug in radios etc) out of your child’s bedroom and away from their bed. For babies, use plug-in baby monitors instead of wireless ones.
- Never use a mobile phone or wireless device in a moving vehicle, especially with children on board. The signal strength is stronger in a metal container, therefore radiation bounces around inside a vehicle, increasing your exposure and that of any other passengers.
- Keep your school wired, or replace existing wifi with wired internet connections. Access to the internet is still available but with less exposure to radiation. Talk to your school principal, teachers and parents’ committee. Please don’t wait until your child or someone else’s child gets sick before doing something. WIFI IN SCHOOLS
- Read Environmental Health Trust’s (www.ehtrust.org) Answers To Commonly Asked Questions – Children and Wireless Radiation
Click on the image below to visit the Image Gently campaign website.